INDUSTRY NEWS

The Edge

We stay ahead with industry news to help shape your bid strategy and create competitive tenders tailored to your needs.

April 12, 2024

British Gypsum Embraces Circular Economy with Pallet Reuse Scheme

British Gypsum Embraces Circular Economy with Pallet Reuse Scheme

British Gypsum, a leading building materials manufacturer, has announced its commitment to the Pallet Loop pallet recycling initiative. As the first UK company in its sector to join this scheme, British Gypsum aims to drastically reduce its environmental footprint by switching from single-use white timber pallets to reusable Loop pallets. This move is expected to significantly lower their waste stream and help meet ecological targets.

Pallet Loop Initiative

Founded in 2019, Pallet Loop offers a circular reuse model for pallets, but struggled initially due to deposit issues. Under new ownership and with a revised model, the initiative is set for a successful relaunch.

Implementation Strategy

British Gypsum will roll out the Pallet Loop scheme in two stages:

  • Phase One (May): Deployment for bagged plaster and accessories.
  • Phase Two (July): Expansion to the plasterboard range.

Once fully operational, 70% of British Gypsum’s products will be delivered on reusable pallets, with plans to extend this to the remaining 30% in later phases.

Environmental and Economic Benefits

The partnership aims to foster a culture of pallet reuse within the construction industry. By using Pallet Loop’s service, merchants and distributors can book pallet collections and earn up to £4 per returned pallet. This initiative is set to bring substantial benefits to the UK construction supply chain, promoting sustainability and reducing waste.

British Gypsum's Managing Director, Dean O’Sullivan, expressed excitement about the partnership, highlighting its potential to significantly cut unnecessary waste and enhance environmental sustainability.

Elevate your bids

We're dedicated on staying ahead with the latest news and market trends, using insights to shape your bidding strategy. Choose us for your next bid, where our comprehensive services include bid strategy, bid management, and design. With a remarkable 96% success rate in 2023, we're here to guide you seamlessly along the path to success.

Our results in 2023

Success in Numbers

96%
Success Rate
90%
Repeat Business
CONTACT US

Get in Touch

Find out how we can remove the burden of writing tender responses.

webid consult office picture